CNC Operator- Cincinnati, OH
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for assigned production area to meet production schedules, quality, and cost objectives. Normal activities are in the areas of assembly operation, machinery operation, processing or treating operation, or packaging. Determines requirements for material, equipment, and other resources. Administers procedures, production and quality control standards in designated area. Entry level operation of CNC tools and machinery. Set up and operation of numerical control machine tools that automatically mill, drill, broach and ream metal and plastic parts. May be adjusting the machine for feed and speed, change of cutting tools or adjusting machine controls when appropriate.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Select, measure, assemble and set machine tools such as drill bits and milling or cutting tools using precision gauges and instruments.
- Load control media, such as tape, card, or disk, in machine controller or enters commands to retrieve programmed instructions.
- Follow specifications or procedures for tooling set-up, machine operation, work piece dimensions or programming.
- Start automatic operation of numeric control machine to machine parts or test set-up, piece work dimensions or programming.
- AutoCAD Certification
Career Level Dimensions
- HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 – 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. Questions about the duties and responsibilities of this position should be directed to the reporting Manager or Human Resources.
FloWorks is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
FloWorks participates in the US Government’s E-Verify program.