Application Developer Sr. – .Net
The Application Developer Sr. (C#, .Net, SQL) is responsible for creating of applications that take into consideration all aspects of application development and architecture design including – design, coding, performance, scalability, caching, security, encryption, error logging and testing. The skills for this position are C#, .Net, and SQL. The Application Developer designs, modifies, develops, implements and supports software programming applications and components.
- Take a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support
- Implement all aspects of application design – coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing.
- Conduct software development utilizing Microsoft .NET, SQL Server, as well as other Microsoft-oriented platforms, tools and technologies.
- Create user interfaces using C# and databases using MS SQL Server.
- Produce design documents and unit tests, and document requirements.
- Active participation in design and code reviews.
- Track and report defects and enhancements using custom issue tracking system.
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiency through recommending process enhancements and additional features.
- Stay abreast of development methodologies, competitors, and advances in technology.
- Work with other departments as needed to find solutions to customer concern or complaints.
- Research and identify cause of reported defects and issues.
- Diagnose defects within the software and defect fixes.
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed.
- Work as a team by mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
- Participate in training and / or customer support activities as needed.
- Assist with additional projects as needed.
- Determine estimates for time and cost of work and perform duties related to program and project management methodologies.
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Angular, Ruby
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical aptitude
- Distribution and supply chain business domain knowledge is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is highly desirable
- Enjoys working closely with customers to ensure complete satisfaction
- A real go-getter who takes the initiative to get things done
- Excellent analysis and design skills of complex business needs with working knowledge of Web application development, .Net frameworks and technologies.
- Producing enduring, cost-effective solutions to customer problems.
- Experience throughout the software development lifecycle (Requirement Analysis, Design/Development, Unit /QA testing and Production Deployment).
- Experience working with relational database development in MS SQL server and with Progress databases.
- Experience managing outsourced and 3rd party vendor teams.
- Ability to persuade through consensus building.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Action-oriented with ability to deliver timely and positive results.
- Quick learner and Creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial skills and motivation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.